Sunday, April 25, 2010

2 Months!

I can't believe that today it will be 2 months since I last posted-and that is two months since we went from being a family of 3 to a family of 4. Claire has been an amazing addition to our family and Blake has adjusted quite well (there were definitely some tantrums in the beginning-but he never took his frustration out on sister, only us). He loves to ask to hold her and kiss her at night and all in all is enjoying his new role as a Big Brother as much as a 28 month old can! Claire is so cute and definitely her own person from the beginning, she let has made it clear that she will do things in her own time by being 5 days late. That trend has continued in that most babies smile between 6-8 weeks and I have been waiting for that day for a long time..well this weekend...the start of her 9th week she decided that she was ready and she smiled, in response to me when I went to get her out of her crib-it was soooooo GREAT! I am trying to not think about how the personality trait will forever drive me crazy as she is growing up! I think she will be Gods ever present reminder to me that I am not in charge of when things should happen!

Some fun things that have happened in the past few weeks:

Blake can sing the entire ABC song by himself unprompted.

I have gone back to work for the remainder of the year and on Justin's first day alone with the kids-when I got home Blake came to me and with a look of exhaustion said "Mom today has been busy..." I can only guess who he was imitating!

I found Blake holding the parts of my breast pump up to his chest (correctly I might add) he looked up at me and said "Mommy I am just milking...for Claire." Oh my goodness!

Justin and I got to go out on a date to celebrate 6 years of marriage! Wow where did the time go!

I have officially made the decision and told my boss that I will not be returning to Renton Academy next year-and can hardly wait until my 9 weeks are done! Really looking forward to my new role as a stay at home mom!

No comments: