Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Honking and Yelling at Runners....

Here is a thought I had...I am currently going to try to train for the Leavenworth half-marathon, October 4th, I have run one before (pre-baby, Fall of 2006) and I did enjoy it so I think that is what I need to give me the kick in the butt to get back out there. With pregnancy complications (placenta previa) and then working full time 10 weeks after he came, running consistently has been more of a dream rather than reality. But it is summer, gorgeous, I am home, and only go back part-time in the fall so pavement here I come. But as I am contemplating running one memory always comes to mind (as my route is partly on a main road) why in the world to people (mainly men) honk and women running? Do they think that as I am huffing and puffing up that hill I am going to hear their horn and think "Oh my goodness the man I was always looking for...turn around and run after their car." Or is it more that they are just wanting to affirm that I am running? Because I am often very aware of that fact...or maybe it very simply is they are cheering us on? none-the-less I am excited to get back in the swing of things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha! You know I'm with you on that one! Glad you put your thoughts in writing, because we all think it! :) Good luck with the running, maybe they're just cheering you on?!